Lev. 11:44 ‘For I am the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy....‘For I am the LORD who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; thus you shall be holy, for I am holy.’”
Last week in my Old Testament class we were studying Leveiticus. We talked about the holiness of God, and sad to say that today Christian has very little regards for the Holiness of God. We kind of contemporaries God and fit Him into the Mordern Urbanize culture we have. We no long take God's holiness seriously. We find that it is ok to late for service, we talk and sms during service, we walk in and out as if God is not there? We take the Holy Communion like it doesn't mean anything to us, we even walk off before the benediction!
All these are the expressions of us no longer remember the holiness of God and treat Him like a Urbanize object of worship where we only worship him in our comfort and complacency.
I truely believe that we should rediscover the holiness of God as we live in holiness not just in the way we go about living our lives but also in the way we come before God and meet him in His holiness. And we can evaluate,
- When is the last time I kneel before God when I pray? - What am I thinking when I step into the sanctuary/Chapel? - Am I focus during Service or my mind is somewhere else? - What am I thinking before, during and after Holy Communion?
Let's remember that our God is a HOLY God, and He demand His people to be Holy in the way they live and also in the way they come before Him. Let's sincerely look at our worship and lifestyle and see if we are offering up to Him a living sacrifice Holy and acceptable? (Romans 12:1)
I have decided to work on some of these expressions, not to show people but to really approach God the way He commanded me to - Be Holy as I am Holy.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry