i wrote Name of God - YHWH "I AM WHO I AM" at
12:23:00 AM for you.
Hey I'm back after a 3 months break from blogging... I though that I must start blogging again since now I have less time being with some of you when school starts! May what I learn be of much encouragement to you. Recently, in my Old testament class we studied EXODUS, and we talked about the name of God. When Moses asked God: "when your people ask me about your name, what should I tell them?" God reply: "tell them I AM WHO I AM" Woooo... God is cool! I asked myself why is it that God did not give a name to his people, and why they need to know His name? Maybe they need to know who this God is? Fair enough, He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, above that, is there a need to know He name? When God said I AM WHO I AM, I think he is telling Moses that there isn't a need for me to have a name. My people knows me through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. What they need to know is that I am their God and they are my people. Which is true, sometime we want to fully grasp God because we want to be secure in knowing what God is going to do next, trying to anticipate his "move" to prove that we "know" God so well. And when things happen in a way we least expected it to be, we begin to question God about who He is. So there is a need for us to understand that GOD is I AM WHO I AM, we must know that we can never fully grasp who he is, but to keep trusting and believing in him. But of course, He gave us enough information of who He is through His working in and through His people in the bible and even today, enough for us to know and trust Him. I hope I have clearly pen down my thoughts, if you don't understand, please talk to me, just in case I speak "Greek" to you in this post! lol.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry