i wrote Blessed are those..... at
4:29:00 PM for you.
Recently, I was reading this book that talks about the beatitudes, Matthew 5. I am starting on the study on the Sermon on the mount, it's all about discipleship, hoping to realign my mind and my heart as I serve my God in BLC. To revisit things that I've learn many year ago about discipleship and trying to refresh those teachings. It is really not easy being disciples of Jesus. We have to come to him with His standard not ours. And we have to be found living out testimonies that glorify His name until we see his face. To me it is a every day's affairs. I have to continuously working hard in keeping my relationship close with him and my heart check all the time. To some you may find it very demanding, YES! it is. Our heart and our mind have to be focus on Jesus even those we are engaging in our everyday affairs. Not easy hor? We cannot separate our studies, our work, our relationship with people away from our relationship with Christ. But this is where we find true Joy! After putting our Minds, hearts and hands into glorify God, we are assured that our obedience is the mark of our relationship with him as his disciples.
The other day on my way back, some of us were talking about this particular Sunday sermon was very good! but when someone asked: so what is the sermon about, some of us say erm.......cannot remember? Oh my goodness! We have become so pretentious and we are not aware that we are doing this? How can we say that something is good and not able to recall what it is? But we went away, have this sad realization that if we are not careful, we can also become like many Christian who say things like that! Oh it was a good sermon for the sake of nothing. This episode teaches me to keep watching my heart and my intention, that I don't make statements that didn't mean anything after all. It's so superficial and pretentious. Like the Pharisees! When Jesus ask them questions, they cannot answer. Because they were so superficial. What Jesus asked was of the heart, where the truth really is.
Thank God for his teaching once again.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry