i wrote My reflection for September at
1:38:00 PM for you.
I can never stop thanking God for his faithfulness in helping me to grow and to learn things in my life that draw me closer to him. Recently, I was attending a course about Lutheranism, and in this course I learnt about the theological stand of the Lutheran Church, the history of Martin Luther, and his way of explaining Christianity. At first I was not very interested because it would not be anything new for me. However, as the lessons went by, I realized that although the topics were not new, there were many new insights. The terms defined, as well as all those historical people who had significant influence on the Church, they had all made great impact on Christian history, some that I have never heard before. I would like to share with you one important lesson I’ve learnt.
I have always thought that I must be watchful in the way I live my life, so that I can be sure of my salvation. (Nothing wrong with this right?) However, I was shocked when I realized that what I have been doing was to measure salvation with the work of man. That means I have always measured my salvation with my work, and therefore keep telling myself to live in a certain way so that I can be sure of my salvation. The Lord taught me through this course and brought to re-evaluate my perspective and put my heart on the surgery table to examine it.
I found out that my heart has stopped beating for the Lord, I have been depending on my own effort to gain salvation through the way I live my live. My greatest fear was that I am not able to be too sure if I would be with the Lord when I die, so I looked for signs and evidence to prove my salvation, like obedience and commitment. Little did I realize that what I did discredited Christ’s death and resurrection for my salvation. What a big blow to my face!
Looking for assurance may not be as important as to do what my heart wants to do. The Lord has changed my heart when I was 17 to love him and to worship him, now what I am doing is to condition this love and make it an object for my salvation. This is so wrong. The Lord once again saved me from wrong thinking and corrected me, telling me that I just have to continue to love and to worship him. I do not even need to be bothered about whether I am sure of my entry to the kingdom of Heaven, because what matter most are my love and my worship for him. If I must find assurance, then my assurance will be in His love for me on the cross, as well as the work of the Holy Spirit in me to love and to worship him more each day.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry