This month has been a busy month for me. Firstly, BLC is launching our very first in house magazine (of which I am in charge of the layout), and then it was the annual Boys Brigade Bible Quiz, followed by TGIF, and on top of these I have my normal duties: leading worship, teaching Sunday school and Confirmation. I was totally exhausted.
After being in youth ministry for so long, the Lord has taught me how to find rest in the midst of my business, but yet I can still be affected by its tiring nature and emotional setbacks. In moments like this, the most difficult part to overcome is the tendency to be negative with people and things around me. I get discouraged and disappointed easily, and therefore it affects my response towards them. But the Lord is good; in times like these, He always speaks to me through His word and causes me to remember His love and truth to look at things the right way and to find joy in His sovereignty.
I want to share with you this verses that I always cling to when I face difficult times like this.Psalms 42: 5-8 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and 6 my God… 8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
Now that I look back and reflect, I asked myself how have I grown in my walk with the Lord through this episode? I realized that I could have prayed more and depended on him. But what occupied my mind was only how He could help me through my struggles and pain .I totally forgot about our relationship. When it’s all over, I can only thank him. But how about the deepening of this relationship? I found out that I did not really build the relationship with God through this opportunity given; I did not really surrender all to him and depended on him totally, but just expecting him to solve the problem for me.
I must learn to see difficulties and struggle in the light of building my relationship with him rather then He being my problem solver, so that I grow in having a deeper relationship with God and not just being a better Christian. God did not save us to just be our God, but to be our Father, someone that loves and teach us all at the same time. I look forward to opportunities like this again so that I can learn to build a deeper relationship with him, and eventually find greater joy in serving and living with and for him.
And I pray the same for you.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry