i wrote Where your heart is, there your tresure will be at
6:05:00 PM for you.
Think about our love for God. Many times we forget about our heart. We think about our love for God is to fulfill our duties, meeting God’s standard, and sometimes being the “right” Christian. Yes, we need to obey the Lord whether we like it or not. But our obedience must be an expression of our love and trust towards Him.
I guess it all comes down to where your heart is, it is where your thoughts and feelings all begin, but if you never had a heart for Jesus, then you’ve never really had a part in Him.
Our hearts beat for many things in our life, I am sure you can name them, But when it comes to beating for the Lord, it slows down. We drag and we superficially perform our duties just to show people around us that we are not too bad. Am I like that? Am I going to live my life like that? I ask myself, and I realized that it’s so easy to forget and to reflect upon our love for God. Sometimes when I am busy going around with my ministry, I can also run into the same situation. But the Lord taught me through His spirit and His word…
Matthew 6:21 - for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
It reminds me that what I treasure is nothing from this world. Not my achievement, not even my talents! It has to be my relationship with the Lord. I take the opportunity of living on this earth to build my relationship with the Lord, so that when I see Him face to face I can recognize Him as my Lord and Saviour and he knows me as His beloved child.
And I also have come to understand that it is our heart that we need to guard. Why is it so important that the bible has to tell us about guarding our hearts?
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. (1 Peter 3:17)
It is because our hearts can be deceived. We manipulate our heart in many ways! We tell our hearts that we are not that bad; we tell our hearts that it’s not true that we are lazy, complacent, evil, lustful, pro liar. We cover up tactfully such that no one can tell.
We forget that God sees all that is going through our mind when we deceive ourselves by manipulating our hearts. This is how our conscience will become seared and no longer respond to the Holy Spirit’s teaching and help. It’s so scary isn’t it? That’s why we need to guard our hearts from these and keep it pure before God and man. Pray for me that I will always be reminded of this and to learn to accept God’s teaching humbly. Pray the same for yourselves.
Guard Your Heart! For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
TIME
WELCOME
Hey welcome! May the Lord bless you and keep you in His own way, and grant you peace.
I, ME and MYSELF
Hello, I am ROMANS! Nice to meet you, I am 39 this year counting from 16.12.1973.
I live on a sunny island called Singapore. I spent most of my weekday in Salt&PepperYouth Ministry